Purchasing a Puppy
Before contacting us to purchase a puppy/dog please make sure the breed (American Pitbull Terrier) is legal to own where you live, you must be 21+ or have a parent or guardian signature. Be ready to go through our very strict screening process when you contact us.
1. Send pics of your house and property
2. Send a past or current vet reference
3. Send 2 personal references
4. Add Lisa Grennan on facebook- email facebook is firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Send photocopy of photo ID along
6. Proof of income/employment
7. How many people in your house? What are their ages?
8. Have you owned this breed of dog before?
9. Do you rent or own your home? If you rent, send letter from landlord that you have permission to have a puppy.
10. Do you live in an apartment or house?
11. Do you have a fenced yard?
12. How long of hours do you work? What will the dog be doing during this time?
13. Will the dog be housed indoor or outdoor?
14. What do you plan to do with the dog? Any type of training? Breeding? Showing? Family pet?
15. Do you own any other pets? If so, what kind? If dogs, what breed? Sex? How many?
Picks that are listed as “Not Pre-selling” means that we are not selling those pups before we know how many are born. All money is non refundable but if your pup is not born we will transfer it to another breeding at any time.
Picks are based on size and confirmation, if you don’t like our choice you are welcome to choose in the order of your pick. Picks must be made no later than 7 weeks old.
Once we have received this and you have been approved we will email you a contract to complete, sign and email back with the photocopy of a valid photo ID. You can then make a 50% deposit and the rest is due when the pup turns 5 weeks old. If already older than that then the amount is due in full. Shipping is extra and depends on where you live and the size of the pup and crate.
Payment plans can be arranged with interest, boarding and late fees.
Our dogs are family even after they’re sold and in their new homes. Our extensive screening process ensures that our dogs are going to the best possible homes and in purchasing a pup you become a part of the DDK family. We are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions and help with your new puppy and if for ANY reason you can no longer keep the dog we require that they return back to us or that we screen the potential new owner with the right to refuse if we don’t feel it is a good fit. It is extremely important that we know where all of our dogs are and are able to check in and see how they are doing at any time. Pictures are required every 3 months to see the dogs condition. If we don’t like what we see we will launch a further investigation. If we find out one of our dogs is being mistreated, neglected, or used in illegal activity we will immediately take legal action and repossess the dog.